New - eBook - Nightingale's Legacy: The Evolution of American Nurse Leaders
- ISBN: 978-1-55810-628-4
- PUB# 9781558106284
Nightingale’s Legacy: The Evolution of American Nurse Leaders shows “the nurses of today” how to leverage the wisdom of the icons of nursing to inform their own daily work and fuel the future of nursing.
The book examines the pivotal historical achievements of 20 prominent nurse leaders from Florence Nightingale’s time to the present. Included in this must-have text are lessons on patient-centered care, legislative advocacy, innovation, record-keeping, cultural diversity, and education. Nightingale’s Legacy: The Evolution of American Nurse Leaders dissects the crucial challenges that nurses have faced and conquered over the span of 155 years.
More importantly, the book showcases how you can best use these achievements in your own practice.
Nightingale’s Legacy: The Evolution of American Nurse Leaders does what no other book has done before by chronicling how past and present nurse leaders continue to advance Nightingale’s legacy by:
- Launching new medical practices and technologies.
- Providing care and support for soldiers and families.
- Challenging discrimination in nursing.
- Lobbying to influence health care legislation.
- And so much more!
Sue Johnson, PhD, RN, NE-BC, has been a practicing nursing for 48 years. She is currently employed by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) as a Magnet Appraiser and Continuing Nursing Education Accreditation Appraiser. Prior to her retirement from hospital nursing in 2011, she was employed as Director of Clinical Excellence and Nursing Research at Parkview Health in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Her nursing roles have included staff nurse, manager, nursing resource management specialist, educator, accreditation specialist, and nurse director.
eBook features and functionality: Links from each header in the Table of Contents to its in-text occurrence … Active URLs … Next page/Previous page navigation … Home page is Table of Contents … Fully searchable…
ANA Digital Download Policy
The American Nurses Association (ANA) holds the copyright on all published materials in print and electronic formats. In accessing an eBook from Nursesbooks.org, you have agreed to download the content for individual use only. After you purchase and download this title you:
- Are allowed three days to download the eBook and only one download per book.
- Are entitled to print the ANA eBook PDF for your own use.
- May not make multiple copies, broadcast, store (in any medium), transmit, display, adapt or modify in any way the content for any other purpose without prior written permission.
- May not lend, sell or give the ANA PDF eBook to another user.
- May not place the ANA PDF eBook file on a network or an file sharing service for use by anyone other than yourself or allow anyone else to access it.
All eBook purchases are final and non-refundable.
Multi-user Access (site licenses
If you have questions about these restrictions or need further assistance, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nightingale’s Legacy: The Evolution of American Nurse Leaders is a must-have for every nurse, regardless of practice.
About the Book
Member Price: $19.95 | List Price: $23.95